Friday, August 15, 2008

hitting the boards

It's the second friday of my writing vacation and I am sad to say it will be over in two days. We've decided to leave a day early to give Rachael a chance to go to call-backs for South Pacific which will be playing at Tacoma Musical Playhouse. She feels she has a good chance of getting the lead and we both felt it would be a shame for her not to give it a shot.

Even though vacation will be over in two days, I feel like I'm arriving home with a good writing plan. I've just begun my second act and I've finished outlining the whole script on cue cards. When I get home, I'll be tacking them up to a cork board and trying to write at least five pages a day. Outlining on cards and corkboard is fairly common in screenwriting, since it allows you to see all the beats of the story at a glance and also allows you to move scenes around easily and intuitively.

Writing is a rush when things are flowing and agonizing when the ideas aren't coming. With my story broken down like this into bite-sized pieces, I'm hoping to keep the progress flowing.

God's peace,

Paul

No comments: