Monday, March 30, 2009

Admitted

I have been accepted into UCLA's Professional Program for Screenwriting. Woo hoo! It is a year long non-accredited but still respected writing program designed for those who work full-time.

There are a couple of reasons I'm excited about this opportunity.

1) The program is taught by the same faculty who teach the MFA program at UCLA, which is one of the best, if not the best, screenwriting programs in the world.

2) It will give me a chance to get feedback and inspiration from other writers.

3) It help me be disciplined to write (by the end of the program I will have written two more complete screenplays).

4) Many of the students who complete the professional program later earn admission to the MFA program, which I still want to do, partly because getting an MFA would allow me to teach.

5) It will help me begin networking, which besides being an original and talented writer, is everything in the entertainment business.

5 comments:

Tony said...

That is great news man! I'm stoked for you!

Stephen Mitchell said...

Congratulations!! This is very exciting for you. I know that this is many answered prayers.

Ana said...

Yeah Paul! Good job!

My name is April. said...

Woooo Hooo!!!! So very exciting!

Unknown said...

congrats brother!