Thursday, March 19, 2009

So...about that job

Hey everyone,

So the new job for the window company didn't work out. Turns out I don't have the personality for it. I'll leave it at that. I'm back in the job hunting saddle again, which is discouraging. But I read something in the Bible this morning that encouraged me: 2 Cor. 4.18 reads, "So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."

That quote brought some much needed perspective. I'm grateful for God right now. I'm glad that over the long run he rewards character. I'm glad that pain is temporary and that he sticks with me through it. So for anyone else who's dealing with economic suckiness, joblessness, etc., there is a God who promises to "never leave us or forsake us." BTW, that last quote specifically has to do with God's willingness to provide for us. So yeah, at least there's that. Also, I'm glad to have a wife and extended family who love me, support me and pray for me. Love you guys.

Thanks for reading,

Paul

P.S. Logline of the day:
Boomeranged...
is a comedy about a young out of work software engineer who has to move back home with his brand new bride to live with his QVC obsessed mom, work weary dad and his video gamed addicted older brother who's never left home. Living in his old bedroom is just the kind of motivation he needs to hit the job hunt hard and his searching leads him to some unexpected places, before he finds the courage to strike out on his own with a crazy business idea that will be a family affair.

4 comments:

Rachael said...

Hey babe, did you mean to edit your previous entry, or write a new, but redundant one? Either way, I like what you wrote. And I especially like the one where you said we were going to get into stimulus package proposals. You're funny :-) See you in a bit...

K said...

Bummer about the job!

Tony said...

Brother, at least you know after your first day that it isn't your thing, right? Keep it up.

Bradley said...

4 - Boomeranged, again I like it but it needs a new title. Too much Eddie Murphy in this one. I feel like it would subscribe to a lot of "in the box" romantic comedy rules but I think the comedy value of the unique business idea would be key!